Google

Monday, October 18, 2021

Vegetarian? Flexitarian?


My body decided it's time to become vegetarian

This post isn't preachy, don't worry! It's just how I've been feeling and that is that I want to go vegetarian or flexitarian, even if it's just for a little while.

I love meat. My favorite food is steak and potatoes. Bacon in the morning is joyful and I love feijoada, a very meaty Brazilian dish. I didn't choose this. In the past, I'd have a thought every... year? which was "oh... I'm eating an animal." and I'd have to put my food down. But that was VERY rare.

This year, I was eating fried chicken which I love(d) and saw something that made me ill. I won't share what and nothing was wrong with the chicken, this was just a natural piece but ever since, I've had a super hard time with meat.

Even little bits of meat, like pepperoni on a pizza. 😭 I'll be eating and trying hard not to focus on what I'm eating, but as soon as I let my guard down and do, I feel ill and can't finish.

This is a very new thing that I've decided, just last week, actually. So it's still very fresh. I'd prefer to be flexitarian, but right now I can't stomach any meat. 

Luckily there's loads of great veggie brands (minus bacon... I've never found a veggie bacon that doesn't take like dog treats) and veggie food in general. I plan on having dairy and eggs, though even those I'd like to go to the natural market around here and get as fresh and as healthily grown as possible.

Anyway, this is a big thing for me. Especially because it's not my choice. I was wondering, what is your FAVORITE veggie food? Whether it's fresh, frozen, homemade or from a restaurant. I just want some ideas! I'd especially love if they're fresh or frozen and easy to make though. 😂 Also, this doesn't only have to be vegetarian food like veggie patties or anything, even just like your favorite meatless pasta dish or your favorite bread! I gotta work on my grocery list.

Take care everyone! Until next time.





No comments:

Post a Comment