Google

Monday, September 6, 2021

Therapy and What I'm Doing


Zen Bonsai

My job offers paid therapy, which is just... Amazing. You can browse a list of psychologists and choose who you'd like to meet with. All of them are lovely and I'm so grateful that they offer their experience and time! The psychologist I chose is super sweet and SO helpful. I told her how much I was struggling and she not only helped me, she helped me... Help myself. At the end of our last session, when I thanked her so so much, she told me that in reality, I gave myself all of the answers that I needed. She just packaged them in a way that would be clearer to me. I felt really empowered and also thankful, because I need that re-packaging SO much.

So, one thing I am starting is writing a to-do list in my bullet journal every night before bed. This way, I can sleep soundly without all of my to-do's running through my head AND I wake up feeling productive and ready to go!

When the week starts, I will also call my Doctor and set up my sleep study. I reallyyyy don't want to do this sleep study but my narcolepsy is affecting every area of my life, including work. So it's something that I need to do.

Finally, I will start confronting my worries. Instead of dwelling on what hasn't even happened and may not happen, I will face my worries head on. I'll ask how everything is (such as asking my boss how I am doing, asking my loan company if I can lower the payments, etc.)

I've realized that a h u g e source of anxiety for me is this... Not knowing and not addressing what I don't know.

Oh and finally finally, I will focus on self-care. Something I have noticed is that when my nails haven't been painted or I haven't had long nails in a while, it's a sign that I'm mentally and/or physically feeling very blah. So, I'll start small and do my nails and let that uplift me!

This is a little post about my health and I hope you enjoyed reading and maybe I've inspired you to get started on your own goals! Take care of yourselves, all of you. Until next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment