Google

Friday, September 17, 2021

Gyaru 109 Meme

Ahhhh, I'm so excited for this! The lovely Reila of The Name I Love posted this gyaru blog meme challenge and I've wanted to talk lots and lots more about gyaru here, so this is a perfect way to introduce myself officially as a gal! My blog isn't just about gyaru, because I also talk about gaming and anime and holiday stuff - but gyaru will be a HUGE focus. So I hope other gals will follow me and enjoy! If you're new to gal, let me know and I can recommend some blog posts that have helped me!

<I would post a picture of me here, but I am still a baby gal and I am awful and I haven't mastered a look yet. (;﹏;)>

Name / Gyaru nickname and country: Angie... I don't have a gyaru nickname, but I hope that I will eventually! I'm from the U.S. originally and will be moving to Brazil in the future. Brazil gals, talk to me! 

Since when are you gyaru? I started last year (in 2020)! I'm still so new! My first attempt at wearing a gyaru outfit wasn't great, because neither my outfit nor my make seemed very gal. >o< Right now, money is tight, so I haven't had the chance to go shopping for new clothes and make. But soon!

My first attempt at gyaru
My first attempt! I'll admit, I did look pretty, though!

How did you discover the style? So, there were one of those "share your last post" tweets on Twitter and Lizzie (who is FABULOUS) shared an outfit post and I LOVED how pretty and cute the outfit was, so I headed over to her blog and that's how I found gyaru! Lizzie's blog opened up so many doors for me and I'm so grateful for all of her posts. 

What's your current substyle? Why do you like it? Current would be amekaji and agejo... I know. They don't go together and I don't wear them together! Don't worry! When I was younger, I used to try SO hard to fit into one fashion. But that's never been me. I've also never lived one kind of lifestyle (which gyaru is for me.) I am a very complex person. 😋 Amekaji was one I didn't think I'd like, just because I really want to have a more feminine and dainty style... But the fact is, I am loud, bold and colorful. See this post for THE shirt. 

Amekaji gals

Which are your current booms? Beanies for amekaji! It's a way to get started that doesn't cost a lot and I really need them as it's finally getting colder. I found the PERFECT one from Hot Topic of all places! I've wanted something with the Nissin logo for a while because I love their ramen, haha. But yes, it's bright, it's in bold colors and I love the pom! >o< I'm also EXTREMELY into overalls right now. Especially if they're pink! Co&Lu has some beautiful overalls... Ahhhh, I can't wait to go shopping.

Nissin Cup Noodles beanie from Hot Topic

Share 3 of your fav codes. Why do you like them so much? Okay, so I don't have any of my own YET... So, I'll post some from other gals!

Georgie Piyo
Georgie's dress is so perfect and I love her heels and bag! 
She's a HUGE inspiration to me. I love her amekaji fits too.

Emiriichu
Emi is my gal idol. I would love love love love to model myself after her. Not only are her fashion choices perfect, her personality is too! Emi recently left gal and while I'll miss her fits, I absolutely will follow her new fashion and lifestyle adventures!

Lizzie Bee
Lizzie is the Queen who got me into gyaru! Her fits are all so beautiful and I love everything from her agejo fits to her himekaji ones!

Share 3 things your learn during your Gyaru journey. I don't know much yet, but I do know that make is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!!!! Especially how you do your eye make. It's the thing I struggle with the most, especially the droop and the white under the eye... I keep making everything look so weird and I put my lashes on backgrounds and just ffff. 

You can be any size and shape to do gyaru and their are non-binary and male gyaruo as well! No one is left out! 

You don't need brand to look gyaru and to look good. While it's amazing and trust me, there are brand pieces that I want so badly!!!! You can still be gyaru without. So if you're like me and tight with money, don't fret. Let's do this!

Share 3 gaijin gals and 3 Japanese gals you look up to. Okay, so all of the gals above, obviously! But also:

Gaijin

Danielle Rianna because she's awesome, her fits are amazing and so is her make, but especially because she's a plus-size gyaru! I love love love love that she's helping other plus-size gals to feel comfortable and know that they're beautiful!

Lyon because of all the awesome blog posts and fits! I just found Lyon's blog YESTERDAY and already LOVE IT.

Reila because she does SO much for the community, from this challenge to the whole 109 event to her TikTok channel! She also has such a pretty style and I love her hair color, hehe. 

Japanese

I don't know any... (;﹏;) I know a lot of Japanese gyaru models blog, but can I find them?! Absolutely not. No matter how much I search. If you have any gals you think I'd enjoy reading about, please send me the link to their blog!

What's your favorite Gyaru memory? Outside of finding gyaru, finding out that my husband has a LOT of gyaru knowledge! Plus! Finding the gal Discord and also meeting an amazing gal from where I live! Finally!

What advice would you give to people who want to start in the style but don’t have the courage yet? Okay, so I can't give advice on fits, make or hair... But I can give advice on DOING STUFF! Do what your heart wants. Gyaru is a fashion and lifestyle that won't just call to you but will scream to you, so don't ignore that voice! Yes, for some, it's a wild fashion. But that's part of the fun! You may be worried what people will think, but do you really care? Sadly, people will judge others no matter. So be what will make you happy! Plus, I think it's a very gal thing to not give a fuck to what people think. (。•̀ᴗ-)✧

No comments:

Post a Comment